Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Never Ending

I am still haunted by the child abuse allegation, and I am at my wits end!  I called the investigations office today to check on the status of my closure letter, only to find out that the investigator no longer works for the agency and she did not give all of her notes to her supervisor before she left.  This means that our report has been sitting on someone's desk for at least two weeks.

Luckily for me I am extremely impatient when it comes to getting answers and I called the supervisor instead of leaving a message.  She happened to be in the office and was able to interview me over the phone, and she promised to finish our report this week.  So, hopefully we will have our closure letter no later than Friday and we can finally move on.

In the course of our interview she read the full allegation report to me and I am floored.  I am angry, I am hurt, and I feel so helpless.  The allegation was much worse than I thought it was, and the allegation also implied that I treated Little Man differently because he was Hispanic.  Laughable, but very hurtful.  I will not go into details, but everything in the report is false.  I have a feeling this medical assistant may be a "serial reporter" because of some of the terminology used in the report.

I did try to speak to my doctor about this yesterday because the baby had a well-check appointment, and I have to be honest: I was not at all pleased with her response.  I understand that those in the medical profession are obligated to report abuse, but I would have to question why this medical assistant would not mention her concerns to the doctor and instead made a beeline for the CPS Hotline.  Interesting to say the least.

What really burns me is that I can do nothing about it.  She can disrupt our life for two months, risk having my children removed from my home, interrupt the baby's adoption, and I have zero recourse.  You can say anything about anyone, but that person can't stand up for themselves?  Unbelievable.

I am currently researching other pediatricians.  I cannot continue to take my children somewhere that makes me uncomfortable or puts my kids at risk.  We have been going there for over 10 years, and I hate to move, but I just can't go back.  I am frustrated, hurt, angry, and I feel completely helpless.

I really need to put this all behind us very, very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment