Friday, October 25, 2013

Feels Like I'm Just Standing Still

The baby is legally free and ready for adoption!!!  I can't believe it!  I am so excited!  And I am so ready to make it official!  I cannot wait to finally change his name and show him off to the world!  It feels like it has taken forever to get to this point, and then I realize it has only been nine months since we started our journey with him.  The only hiccup we have had is the bogus child abuse allegation, which has set us back at least 45 days, and also means his adoption will not be complete by National Adoption Day on November 23rd.  I am really shooting for the end of the year, but before Christmas would be even better!

We have been haunted by this child abuse allegation for what seems like forever!  To date, I have not received the Closure Letter which I need not only to renew our Foster License, but to finish our Adoption Certification.  CPS has 45 days to complete the report and mail it to me, and they have used every single one of those 45 days.  Technically, yesterday was the 45th day, and I am really hoping I have the letter in my mailbox today or tomorrow.  I really want this letter in my hand because the baby has a 9-month well check on Monday with his pediatrician, and you can bet we will be having a conversation about this allegation and how it came from her office.  The more I think about the turmoil this medical assistant has caused my family, the angrier I get.  Whether or not I continue to take my kids to this pediatrician's office depends on her reaction to what I have to say.

Our Foster License renewal is coming up, and Joe and I have decided that we will continue to foster.  We did, however, change our age range from 0-3 years to 0-12 months.  And I mean months, not 12 months plus.  We have also decided that once our Adoption Certification, and the baby's adoption, is complete we will go on the Adoption Registry and adopt a child in foster care who is already "legally free"- meaning no bio parents, no visits, no long term back-and-forth, and NO MORE LAZY CASEWORKERS.  We will be matched with a child, have a period of getting to know each other and making sure it is a fit, and moving forward.  If the match doesn't fit, we walk away and will be matched with another child in need of a home.

We have also determined that we (I) am not made for little girls, so we also changed our license to reflect boys only.  I can't take it.   I've tried, but the drama, the whining, the drama, the attitudes, the drama!  I also don't have an extra bedroom for a little girl, so maybe that should be my excuse instead.  ***Disclaimer:  I love all of my nieces to pieces, but I have a lot of respect for my sisters and sisters-in-law.  I don't know how you do it.  I will take dirt, trains, noise, etc. any day!  Plus, boys love their mamas :)

Here's to hoping we have a Closure Letter in hand soon and we can get on with this adoption already!





No comments:

Post a Comment