Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Little Hope, But Not Too Much

Court went as well as I expected today.  The good news is we are a little closer to becoming his "forever family".  The bad news is that it's only a 50% chance- or less.  The closer we come to severance and adoption the more likely family will start coming out of the woodwork, and we will no longer be a contender.  I am slightly encouraged, but I am not holding my breath.

I don't understand how the state can come in and remove the child from the stable foster family they have come to know and love, and put them with "family".  This could be family they never even met, but because they are related they are the first choice!  If the family member wants the child so badly, then why aren't they there from the beginning?  Why don't they have visitation with the child so they can start forming a bond?  Why aren't they going to appointments and communicating with us to find out what he likes or dislikes, how he's doing, or atteending court appointments?  It is completely ridiculous if you ask me.  Do they think he is a puppy and are waiting for him to be "trained".  Are they waiting for all of the hard work to be done?  My guess would be yes. 

I am annoyed and angry with his bio parents.  They didn't even show up for court today, which is so unfortunate (fortunate??) for the baby.  Another strike against them, but it really hurts my heart to know that they don't care at all for the baby they consiously brought into this world.  I know he is too young to know the difference, but I can't help but be sad for him.  I know that he doesn't belong with them, but my God, this is your flesh and blood.  I just don't get it.  I could never abandon my child like that, or turn the other cheek.  I guess I will never understand those who can.

Aggravation seems to be the name of the game.  I am not one to keep my opinion to myself, and I find it increasingly difficult to hold my tongue.  I just want to lash out and shake them.  I worry about his future and all I can do is hope and pray for the best.  As I've said before, if we are not meant to be his family, fine.  But I really hope someone is watching out for this baby.  He deserves so much more than the hand he was dealt.

No comments:

Post a Comment